9/15/21 – MPulse Performing Arts Institutes are back for 2022!
The University of Michigan School of Music, Theatre & Dance (SMTD) is thrilled to announce that MPulse Performing Arts Institutes are back, in-person, for 2022!
Presented by SMTD’s Office of Engagement & Outreach, MPulse Performing Arts Institutes (MPulse) are a collection of residential summer programs that engage over 200 pre-college and adult students pursuing excellence in music performance, theatre, music technology, dance, and musical theatre.
Institutes are designed for students considering studying these areas in college and for those seeking to connect with SMTD’s renowned faculty. Participants hail from all parts of the United States as well as internationally. In addition to an outstanding educational experience, students will get to explore campus life in the bustling college town of Ann Arbor, Michigan!
Work with our prestigious faculty, grow your artistry, and GO BLUE!
Applications for our programs will open in November, 2021.
Institutes for Summer 2022
- Center Stage Strings, dates TBA
- Clarinet Institute, July 3 – July 9
- Dance Institute, July 10 – July 23
- Flute Institute, dates TBA
- Girls in Music & Technology, dates TBA
- Harp Institute, July 24 – July 30
- Jazz Institute, dates TBA
- Musical Theatre Workshop, July 10 – July 30
- Percussion Institute, June 26 – July 2
- Saxophone Institute, July 3 – July 9
- Theatre Design & Production, June 19 – July 2 New for 2022!
- Theatre & Drama, June 19 – July 2
- Vocal Arts Institute, July 24 – July 30
Updated September 15, 2021