Application Deadlines for Undergraduate Admission
All materials, including the Common Application, Artistic Profile (with prescreening and portfolio materials if required), transcripts, and test scores* must be submitted in order for the review process to go forward.
*(For the 2021-2022, 2022-2023, and 2023-2024 application cycles, U-M has adopted a test-flexible policy. Please read the Office of Undergraduate Admissions website to learn more.)
- October 15: Deadline for Winter term admission (see below), Dance applicants who want to audition on November 18, and Theatre Design & Production applicants who want to interview on December 3.
- December 1: Deadline for all Fall 2023 programs
Additional Deadline Information
- The December 1 deadline applies to all undergraduate applicants, including external and cross-campus transfer applicants. SMTD does not participate in Early Action.
- All deadlines are for 11:59pm on the day listed for your local time. For example, applicants living in Chicago must submit no later than 11:59pm Central Time on December 1.
Winter Term Admission Policies & Procedures
Application and Artistic Profile Submissions are due October 15, and auditions/interview recordings are due by November 1. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org when you are ready to submit your required recordings.
The following programs do not accept Winter applications in any year:
- BFA in Musical Theatre
- BFA in Performing Arts Technology
- BFA in Theatre Performance (Acting & Directing)
- BM in Music & Technology
- BS in Sound Engineering