Designed for students seeking additional training and exploratory opportunities in arts entrepreneurship and leadership. This program is open to any student who has earned a bachelor’s degree.
The Certificate in Arts Entrepreneurship & Leadership requires a total of 12 credits. Coursework to include:
- At least one 3-credit EXCEL Graduate Gateway Course.
- Other EXCEL graduate courses (at least 3 credits)
- Any graduate courses in any school of department, contributing to the students’ critical understanding of business, entrepreneurship, management, strategy, marketing, social service, or leadership (at least 3 credits)
- A Capstone Project developed with a supervising faculty member (2-3 credits)
Some credits may be doubled-counted with coursework undertaken in the student’s primary field of study in accordance with Rackham or SMTD guidelines.
How To Apply
For requirement details, please see the Minors & Certificates for Current Students.
- Complete the SMTD Artistic Profile application
- If your degree program is in Rackham, complete the Rackham Graduate School’s online Add a Degree or Certificate Program. If your degree program is NOT administered by the Rackham School of Graduate Studies, complete the online Rackham Graduate Program Application.
Application deadline: October 15 for Winter term admission; March 15 for Fall term admission