Application Deadlines for Masters & Specialist Admission
December 1: MM in Conducting, MFA in Dance, MA in Media Arts, MM in Music Education (Academic Year), MM in Performance, SM in Performance
February 5: MM in Music Education Summer Program
Application Deadlines for Doctoral Admission
December 1: DMA in Composition, PhD in Composition and Music Theory, DMA in Conducting, PhD in Music Education, PhD in Musicology, and DMA in Performance
January 5: PhD in Music Theory
Closed Programs (Fall 2019 Term)
The application for Fall 2019 consideration will open in August 2018. However, the following programs are fully enrolled and will not be accepting applications:
- DMA in Flute Performance
- DMA in Euphonium Performance
- DMA in Trombone Performance
- DMA in Trumpet Performance
- DMA in Tuba Performance
- Audition schedules fill quickly, so we may not be able to accommodate all audition date preferences.
- Review the required information and documentation before you begin the application procedure.
- To be considered for a merit-based scholarship, you must submit your application and all other required materials by the deadline.
- In rare instances, we will accept applications for admission after December 1 depending on availability.
Enrollment Deposit Due April 15
Once you are admitted, a non-refundable enrollment deposit of $300 will reserve your place at U-M. The money will be credited to your student account upon enrollment. The enrollment deposit is waived if you accept a merit-based scholarship.