Application Deadlines for Masters & Specialist Admission
December 1: MM in Conducting, MA in Media Arts, MM in Music Education (Academic Year), MM in Performance, SM in Performance*
*(Fall 2021 applicants to Piano Performance or Piano Chamber Music degrees have until Friday, January 8, 2021 to submit their Artistic Profile. This later deadline applies only to the Artistic Profile portion of the application and does not apply to applicants to other degrees.)
February 3: MM in Music Education Summer Program
Application Deadlines for Doctoral Admission
December 1: DMA in Composition, PhD in Composition and Music Theory, DMA in Conducting, PhD in Music Education, PhD in Musicology, and DMA in Performance*
*(Fall 2021 applicants to Piano Performance or Piano Pedagogy & Performance degrees have until Friday, January 8, 2021 to submit their Artistic Profile. This later deadline applies only to the Artistic Profile portion of the application and does not apply to applicants to other degrees.)
January 5: PhD in Music Theory
Closed Programs (Fall 2021 Term)
The following programs are fully enrolled and will not be accepting applications for Fall 2021 admission:
- DMA in Bassoon Performance
- DMA in Double Bass Performance
- DMA in French Horn Performance
- DMA in Oboe Performance
- DMA in Percussion Performance
- DMA in Saxophone Performance
- DMA in Trumpet Performance
- DMA in Tuba Performance
- MFA in Dance
- MM in Piano Pedagogy & Performance
- Audition schedules fill quickly, so we may not be able to accommodate all audition date preferences.
- Review the required information and documentation before you begin the application procedure.
- To be considered for a merit-based scholarship, you must submit your application and all other required materials by the deadline.
- In rare instances, we will accept applications for admission after December 1 depending on availability.
- Applications are considered on-time through 11:59pm in the applicant’s time zone on the deadline date. For example, an applicant living in Chicago must submit by 11:59pm Central Time on December 1.
Enrollment Deposit Due April 15
Once you are admitted, a non-refundable enrollment deposit of $300 will reserve your place at U-M. The money will be credited to your student account upon enrollment. The enrollment deposit is waived if you accept a merit-based scholarship.