Application Deadlines for Masters & Specialist Admission
December 1: MM in Conducting, MA in Media Arts, MM in Music Education (Academic Year), MM in Performance, SM in Performance
February 3: MM in Music Education Summer Program
Application Deadlines for Doctoral Admission
December 1: DMA in Composition, PhD in Composition and Music Theory, DMA in Conducting, PhD in Music Education, PhD in Musicology, and DMA in Performance
December 10: PhD in Performing Arts Technology
January 5: PhD in Music Theory
Closed Programs (Fall 2022 Term) as of June 11, 2021
The following programs are fully enrolled and will not be accepting applications for Fall 2022 admission:
- DMA in Clarinet Performance
- DMA in Euphonium Performance
- DMA in Double Bass Performance
- DMA in Flute Performance
- DMA in Oboe Performance
- DMA in Trombone Performance
- DMA in Trumpet Performance
- DMA in Tuba Performance
- Audition schedules fill quickly, so we may not be able to accommodate all audition date preferences.
- Review the required information and documentation before you begin the application procedure.
- To be considered for a merit-based scholarship, you must submit your application and all other required materials by the deadline.
- In rare instances, we will accept applications for admission after December 1 depending on availability.
- Applications are considered on-time through 11:59pm in the applicant’s time zone on the deadline date. For example, an applicant living in Chicago must submit by 11:59pm Central Time on December 1.
Enrollment Deposit Due April 15
Once you are admitted, a non-refundable enrollment deposit of $300 will reserve your place at U-M. The money will be credited to your student account upon enrollment. The enrollment deposit is waived if you accept a merit-based scholarship.