Updated March 14, 2022
Health and Safety Policies for SMTD Ticketed Events – as of 3/14/22
In observance of current health and safety policies established by the University of Michigan, the following policies for ticketed events sponsored by the School of Music, Theatre & Dance are now in effect and are designed to protect the health and safety of audience members.
- Audience members are required to wear face masks for all performances, regardless of vaccination status.
- Masks that cover the nose and mouth must be worn at all times while in the performance hall.
- Patrons who refuse to keep their masks on will be asked to leave the performance hall without a refund.
- Neck gaiters, bandanas, and masks with exhalation valves or vents are not permitted.
- Effective 3/14, audience members are no longer required to show proof of vaccination or recent PCR test to attend ticketed performances.
During this pandemic year, the School of Music, Theatre & Dance will offer flexible ticketing policies, including refunds, exchanges for future events, a gift certificate valid for up to five years, or a donation of the purchase price of the ticket(s) to SMTD. Whether a performance is canceled, if you’re simply not feeling well or if you are uncomfortable with attending, we will be happy to refund or exchange your tickets.
Because conditions continue to change rapidly, we will be seating people no later than two weeks prior to the date of an in-person event. This will allow us to respond to current conditions with respect to distancing and/or capacity limitations.
Seating will happen with the same priority order as we always do, with subscribers and donors seated first, followed by single ticket buyers. We’ll send a notification to you when tickets are sent out (via mail or email).
Please make sure that we have an email address on file for you, and that you are able to receive SMTD emails (if you haven’t received one recently, call our Ticket Office or email us at email@example.com to verify).
If you don’t have an email account, please call our Ticket Office at 734-764-2538 to be added to a list of people we call with updates.
For the 2021-22 season, we will be allowing exchanges for performances of any production. We will not be requiring that you exchange your tickets for another performance of the same production.
Fees of $2 – $3.50 are added to the cost of each individual ticket purchased over the phone or online. These fees will be reflected in your cart. To avoid fees, purchase in person at the League Ticket Office. Power Series subscribers have reduced fee rates.
Tickets may be returned to the box office as a tax-deductible donation. All donations must be received prior to the performance start time.
With the exception of the Halloween Concert every fall, children under the age of three will not be admitted into performances. All children, regardless of age, must have their own ticket and must be able to sit quietly in their own seats throughout the performance.
An order of 10 or more tickets to a single performance entitles you to amenities of the Group Sales Program, which may include ticket discounts, waived service fees, payment plans, and advanced purchasing privileges. To place your group order, contact our group sales desk at 734.763.3100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For sold-out performances, a wait list will be started when the box office opens at the venue for that performance date. Wait lists are in-person only and are not a guarantee of entrance, but we do our best to get people into performances as other patrons release unused tickets.
Discounted Student Tickets (students and children age 3+):
- Student tickets are available in select locations in most performances.
- Limit TWO per college student, one per child or high school student.
- Teens and University Students must show valid ID at time of pick-up.
- The box office can not release partial orders containing discounted tickets.
- Student price is listed when available.
- When standard tickets are available at or below the student rate, additional student discounts will not be available.
- Most student tickets cannot be mailed. Verified students (students whose IDs have been verified by the box office) may have their tickets mailed if they choose.
- The student discount cannot be combined with other discounts.