SMTD Ticket Policies
Updated May 9, 2023
Updated for the 2023-24 Performance Season
Late seating is not guaranteed and varies per performance. Please leave ample time for parking and arrival (please note: event parking on campus is credit card-only).
If you can no longer attend
If you can no longer use your tickets, you may choose to exchange or donate your tickets.
You may exchange your tickets for any future performance of any production within the season. We do not require that you exchange your tickets for another performance of the same production. There is a $5 exchange fee per ticket. Flex Package subscribers may exchange their tickets up to 48 hours in advance with no fee, up to an hour before the performance; beginning an hour before the performance, tickets may only be donated.
Alternately, tickets may be returned to the box office as a tax-deductible donation. All donations must be received prior to the performance start time. The revenue generated by your donation will go directly to support future performances, productions, and academic programs.
Fees of $3 – $5 are added to the cost of each individual ticket purchased over the phone or online. These fees will be reflected in your cart. To avoid fees, purchase in person at the League Ticket Office.
Flex Series subscribers pay a handling fee of $8 on their total order when purchasing their packages; single tickets purchased in separate orders will be subject to the individual ticket processing fees.
With the exception of the Halloween Concert, children under the age of three will not be admitted into performances. All children, regardless of age, must have their own ticket and must be able to sit quietly in their own seats throughout the performance.
Discounted Student Tickets (students and children age 3+):
- Student tickets are available in select locations for most performances.
- Limit TWO per college student, one per child or high school student.
- University Students must show valid ID at time of pick-up.
- The box office can not release partial orders containing discounted tickets.
- Student price is listed when available. Please use the listed promo code on the ticketing page to access the student discount.
- When standard tickets are available at or below the student rate, additional student discounts will not be available.
- Most student tickets cannot be mailed. Verified students (students whose IDs have been verified by the box office) may have their tickets mailed if they choose.
- The student discount cannot be combined with other discounts.
An order of 10 or more tickets to a single performance entitles you to amenities of the Group Sales Program, which may include ticket discounts, waived service fees, payment plans, and advanced purchasing privileges. To place your group order, contact our group sales desk at 734.763.3100 or email@example.com.
For sold-out performances, a wait list will be started when the box office opens at the venue for that performance date. Wait lists are in-person only and are not a guarantee of entrance, but we do our best to get people into performances as other patrons release unused tickets.
Health and Safety Policies for SMTD
The most recent information regarding health & safety can be found on our COVID-19 information page.