Far more than a traditional recording studio, the Control Room is a multipurpose environment for digital audio recording, mixing, and composition. The adjacent Davis Studio functions as an acoustically excellent tracking space, but Dante digital audio network connectivity to other Tech Suite spaces as well as Moore Building recital and rehearsal halls allows for flexible recording and mixing of musicians and ensembles throughout the building.
A large-format external display and calibrated 5.1-channel speaker system support mixing and composition for cinematic applications. These are complemented by a second, independent 8-channel speaker ring for octophonic composition activities. Like all Tech Suite spaces, the Control Room was designed by Kirkegaard Associates, with superior sound isolation, absorption, and diffusion properties.
The Control Room’s extensive audiovisual systems feature the following technologies:
- Avid S6 Control Surface with 24 faders and XMon Monitoring System
- 5 x Meyer HD1 monitor speakers with subwoofer
- 8 x Genelec 8050 monitor speakers
- Apple Mac Pro with 3.5 GHz, 6-core Intel Xeon processor
- Pyramix PC
- Grace Design M802 8-channel microphone preamplifier
- BlueSky bass management controller
- Grace Design M920 headphone monitoring system
- Focusrite Rednet2 analog 16-input, 16-output Dante Ethernet audio inferface
- Focusrite Rednet1 analog 8-input, 8-output Dante Ethernet audio inferface
- Focusrite Rednet D16R AES 16-input, 16-output Dante Ethernet audio inferface
- Focusrite Rednet HD32R ProTools Dante Ethernet audio inferface
- Samsung 55-inch LCD Display