With a variable thrust or proscenium stage, the 1300+-seat Power Center provides a versatile and technically sophisticated facility for theatrical productions. Located on Central Campus, the Power Center was completed in 1971 in a modern classical style featuring soaring glass and concrete architectural features. The Center includes electrics, prop and scene shops as well as rehearsal and reception spaces and a full loading dock.
121 N. Fletcher Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2017
911 N. University Ave.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1265
· 1342 maximum, including,
· Orchestra 863 + 12WC + 12C
· Balcony 455
· Proscenium 55’3-3/4″ x 28′
· Depth of stage 42′
· Depth of apron 2′
· Orchestra pit 31′ x 8′
· Stage floor to grid 80′
· 62 line sets plus three DS electric lines
· Batten length 31′-5″ min.
· Arbor capacity 39 full weights @ 975 lbs
House Drapery Hang:
- Front Curtain – manual, flies out, does not open center, follows apron
- All drapery is black velour.
- One (1) Teaser, 90’w x 25’h
- One (1) Cyclorama, 47’w x 60’h, (unbleached muslin)
- Four (4) Borders, 60’w x 15’h
- Four (4) Legs, 12’w x 40’h
- Six (6) Legs, 17’w x 40’h
- One (1) Traveler track
- Two (2) Traveler panels, 40’w x 25’h
- Four (4) Traveler panels, 32’w x 30’h
· Company switch USR wall, 110/208 3 phase 5 wire, 2 breakers @ 400 amps each
· House board: ETC eOS-TI
· 476 dimmers
· Full-stage lighting instrumentation
· House board Midas Venice F24
· Clear-Com production intercom to all production positions
· Audio monitor to all dressing rooms
· Video monitors located SR, lobby
· All dressing rooms have mirrors, dressing tables, showers, costume racks and toilets
· Two dressing rooms for four persons located one flight above stage level
· Two dressing rooms for four persons located at stage level
· One ensemble room for 15 persons and one ensemble room for 24 persons located one flight below stage level
· Loading doors 18′ x 12′ located USL
· Wired– Ethernet 10 and 100 Base-T — Jacks are located throughout building (stage and lobby) and may be used by arrangement in advance. All wired network circuits are protected by the SMTD firewall, part of the University of Michigan’s Virtual Firewall. Please verify in advance that what you need is available by contacting Barry LaRue at 734-763-4220 or email@example.com.
·Wireless – U-M Wireless on-stage and in the auditorium, lobby and dressing rooms.
please refer to http://www.itcom.itd.umich.edu/wireless/ for information regarding access and setting.
As of September 1, 2017
One (1) Day: $1,600.00
Two (2) Days: $2,400.00
Three (3) Days: >$2,750.00
Four (4) Days: $2,950.00
Five (5) Days: $3,150.00
Six (6) Days: $3,350.00
Seven (7) Days: $3,550.00
Eighth (8) Consecutive Day Only: 50% of one-day rate – (If rental goes beyond eight (8) days, rates follow above schedule without exception)
· Lobby only (one day, 8 hours, includes House Manager only): $ 800.00 (First 8 hours), $150.00 each add’l hour
Events involving paid professional artists must be handled by an official University presenter. Additional costs and fees may apply.
To initiate a reservation:
>Renter must provide a non-refundable $100.00 deposit per day of rental, and return a signed confirmation letter, provided by the Scheduling Office.
>60 days prior to the event:
>Renters must deposit the entire base rent in the University’s escrow account.
[For Non UM Organizations only]
2 weeks prior to the event:
>The signed contract must be returned to Scheduling Office.
>Failure to meet any of these requirements will result in forfeiture of the date.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR RESERVATIONS & CONTRACTED EVENTSDay of the Event: 100% of the rental fee will be charged.
Less than 72 hours notice:
For a Load-in day or lecture, a 30% cancellation fee of the day rate will be charged.
For a Performance day, a 50% cancellation fee of the day rate will be charged.
Less than 15 days notice: a $200.00 cancellation fee.
Less than 60 days notice: a $150.00 cancellation fee.
Earlier cancellations: A full refund of deposited funds, minus the non-refundable deposit.
BASE RENT INCLUDES:
- Access to the theatre from 9 am to 1 am
- One house technician for 1 shift (8 hours)
- One house manager and ticket takers for 1 performance per day
- HVAC, custodial, open & close of theatre
- Use of dressing rooms (with showers)
- Use of box office and reception room during rental period· Sound system (as outlined in the Technical Specifications)
- Lighting system (as outlined in the Technical Specifications)
- 60 Music stands and chairs
ADDITIONAL CHARGES TO BASE RENT INCLUDE:
· Overtime hours for building:
Before 9 am: $150.00 per hour
After 1 am: $200.00 per hour
· 2nd shift house technician: $24.00 per hour + 10% of total; charged in 4 hr. blocks
· Additional house tech (as needed): $24.00 per hour + 10% of total; charged in 4 hr. blocks
· Additional lobby staff for receptions/perfs as needed: $24.00 per hour + 10% of total; charged in 4 hr. blocks
· Piano – per arrangementwith Bob Grijalva, SMTD, 734-764-6207
· Orchestra pit, voms, thrust removal & restoration: at cost + 10% of total
· Changes to Access times less than 24 hours in advance will be subject to double-time rates for affected personnel