Faculty & Staff Wellness Resources
MHealthy is the university’s health and well-being program. It provides programs and resources towards physical, mental and emotional health. Programs include:
- Thrive! Stress Management Program
- UMHS Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FASAP)
- Physical Activity
- Weight Management
- Alcohol and Tobacco
- Occupational Health Services
- Flu Shots
- Ergonomic Awareness
- And many more!
- SMTD MHealthy Champion: Paola Savvidou
Faculty and Staff Counseling and Consultation Office (FASCCO)
- The Faculty and Staff Assistance Program is now serving the university community with a new name – the Faculty and Staff Counseling and Consultation Office. The new name raises the visibility of “counseling,” which is the service most requested by faculty and staff.
- The Faculty and Staff Counseling and Consultation Office (FASCCO) provides support and assistance to University staff and faculty in resolving personal or work related concerns. Through a range of sensitive and innovative services, FASCCO seeks to enhance the emotional health, well-being and job performance of members of the university community. By providing confidential and professional counseling, coaching, training and consultation services to staff, faculty, retirees, benefit-eligible dependents and departments, FASCCO helps individuals develop and foster strengths and resiliency to enhance their personal and professional lives.
- Contact FASCCO at 734-936-8660 or email for more information.
CAPS Guide for Faculty & Staff
- Students at the University of Michigan may experience a wide range of mental health issues during the course of their academic experience (CAPS Guide). As faculty members, teaching assistants, or staff members in academic departments, you may encounter students who need mental health support. Your role can be a positive and crucial one in identifying students who are in distress and assisting them to find the resources available to help.
- Often, you as a staff or faculty person will be one of the first persons to find out that a student is having personal problems that are interfering with their academic success or daily lives. The student may come to you for academic advising, or visit during office hours, send you an email, etc. and in this process share personal concerns with you.
- CAPS offers commons scenarios that frequently happen and suggests ways to address these situations – ultimately providing a web of support by helping students get the mental health support they need by taking advantage of the many resources at UM.
Environmental Health and Safety
- The EHS department promotes health, safety and environmental compliance within the U-M campus community. At the U-M, protection of the environment and safety on the job is everyone’s responsibility. EHS provides leadership at all levels of the university to maintain a healthy workplace and to protect the environment.
- EHS provides services that promote health, safety, and environmental responsibility through partnerships, guidance and other activities to support academic, economic and regulatory needs of the U-M.
- EHS promotes a culture of environmental compliance and safety that will be integrated throughout U-M activities, while maintaining efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
SilverCloud is an online platform that is available to students, faculty and staff at no cost. It offers self-guided programs for anxiety, depression, stress, resilience, or insomnia. Based on cognitive behavioral therapy principles, the self-guided program is available anytime, on any device.
Aimed at providing treatment for mild or moderate issues, SilverCloud allows individuals to confidentially manage symptoms using the program’s interactive content and skill-building tools.
The SilverCloud program is not meant to replace existing services in any way, but rather to serve as an additional, time-flexible option for those who wish to manage day-to-day stressors personally and anonymously.
The website provides an overview of options and a brief quiz to help you find the right program for you to get started. Once you’ve selected a program, you can explore more topics on the signup page.