EXCEL maintains official partnerships with prominent arts organizations to provide exclusive, paid internship opportunities for SMTD students. Past partnerships have included the Metropolitan Opera, the University Musical Society, the Eugene O’Neill Theatre Center, DanceWorks Chicago, and the Detroit Symphony Orchestra. Our current partnerships are listed below. See links for more information about each organizational partner and its internship.
- Connecticut Summerfest — APPLICATIONS OPEN
- DanceWorks Chicago — coming soon
- Detroit Symphony Orchestra (CYE) — CLOSED
- Eugene O’Neill Theatre Center — coming soon
- Metropolitan Opera — coming soon
- UMS 21st Century Artist Internship — coming soon
For students who independently secure internships with external organizations, the EXCEL Internship Fund provides students with financial hardship awards up to $1,000 to cover living and travel expenses. (Note that the internship fund is not available to supplement EXCEL’s current internships with the partners listed above.)