Fall 2019 Exam Schedule
Wednesday, August 28, 2019 –Britton Recital Hall, Moore Building
- 10:00 AM–3:00 PM Theory Placement Exam (for new graduate students and undergraduate transfer students in music)
- 10:00 AM–11:00 AM – First Year Aural Skills
- 11:00 AM–12:00 PM – Second Year Aural Skills
- 12:00 PM–1:00 PM – Lunch break *on your own*
- 1:00 PM–2:00 PM – Writing Skills
- 2:00 PM–3:00 PM – Basic Tonal Analysis
5:00 PM–6:00 PM Analysis of 20th Century Music Exam (required for piano, organ, composition and theory majors; suggested for students who have training in this area)
6:00 PM–7:00 PM Keyboard Harmony Exams (required for theory majors)
Sign up to take any of the above tests using the form below. You will receive your results several hours after the end of testing by email at your umich.edu address. SMTD Faculty Advisors will also be able to see your results. If you have any questions about this exam, please contact Professor Wayne Petty.
Theory Placement Exam Application Form
Enter your information in the boxes below (fields marked * are required), then click the "Submit" button to sign up.