Earl V. Moore Building
Rooms, Keys, Pianos & Lockers
Gender-neutral restroom can be found on floor B, room 377T.
New! Moore Equipment Check Out
Academic Year (starting August 28, 2023)
- Both piano key and Earl V. Moore building IT equipment checkout are located at the Concerts & Events Reception Desk, which is located in room 1315A between Kevreson rehearsal hall and the Student Lounge.
- Download a map to the Concerts & Events Reception Desk.
- The reception desk is staffed 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM every day of the week.
- If the reception desk is not staffed, please check back at a later time.
- We recommend checking out piano keys and Moore building IT equipment a few days in advance of use; same day checkout is not guaranteed.
Piano Key Checkout
- Piano keys can be checked out for the following SMTD spaces: Britton Recital Hall, McIntosh Theatre, Stamps Auditorium, Watkins Lecture Hall, Blanche Anderson Moore Hall, and the Cady Room.
- To check out a piano key, please approach the reception desk during posted business hours and a reception crew member will assist with scheduling your checkout and return.
- For additional questions regarding piano key checkout, please email [email protected]
Classroom Use Policy
When available, classrooms located on the second floors of the Moore Building may be used for practice with the following restrictions:
- Reservations may be requested up to 21 days in advance.
- Classrooms may be reserved for rehearsals or recordings for up to 3 hours per day, up to a maximum of 6 hours per week, per student.
- Last minute bookings may be made up to 12 hours in advance and do not count against this limit.
- Moore classrooms may not be used for rehearsals or practice time Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Classrooms are not soundproof.
- Moore seminar rooms 3213 and 3219 are not available for rehearsals or recordings.
For questions about these policies, please contact the Scheduling Coordinator ([email protected]).
Practice Room Policy
Practice rooms are available on the lower level of the Moore Building for the use of all students enrolled in SMTD. Practice rooms are reserved through ASIMUT. If you do not have access to ASIMUT and believe you should, please email [email protected]. Please observe the following guidelines when using these rooms and when practicing in the second floor classrooms:
- DO NOT leave instruments unattended in practice rooms. The SMTD will not be held responsible for stolen items anywhere within the building.
- DO NOT smoke, eat, or drink in the practice rooms.
- DO NOT practice in the lounge, hallways, stairwells, or restrooms.
- Practice rooms with grand pianos are available for use by authorized piano majors and principals only. Mcard access is used to ensure that only authorized users have access to the grand pianos. Contact Christopher Harding ([email protected]) for reservations.
- Rooms used by graduate student instructors are not available for practice if a lesson has been previously scheduled.
- Room 1215 is the only dual-piano practice room. This room is reserved through ASIMUT. If you do not have access to ASIMUT and believe you should, please email [email protected].
Moore Locker Use Guide
Lockers in Moore are requested by submitting a First Year Locker Form. Filling out this form does not guarantee you will receive a locker. Requests will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis based on locker availability.
- Only one locker is allowed per student unless a request has been made and approved for additional locker/s. Violation of this or any other rule will result in loss of all locker privileges.
- Priority will be given to SMTD students who are instrumentalists, specifically brass, string, and woodwind. Percussion students may apply for a locker. Non-instrumental music students may apply for a general-sized locker.
- If you are not an SMTD student, you may request a locker after the third week of classes.
- Unassigned, instrument-designated lockers will be made available for assignment after the third week of classes, on a first-come, first-served basis. Students should submit a First Year Locker Form.
- Music Education students taking secondary instrument classes may request a larger locker on a term-by-term basis.
Students who wish to retain their locker for the following academic year, should submit a Locker Renewal Form by the end of April. Lockers which have not been renewed will be emptied and contents discarded.
- Students graduating in fall term must clear lockers of contents by December 31.
- All other students must clear lockers of contents by May 15.
- There is no storing of food and/or beverage in lockers allowed or posting of any material on outside of lockers. Anything found posted to lockers will be removed by facilities or custodial staff. Please utilize the tackboards between the practice wing and Commons to post information such as flyers etc.
- Instruments are stored at the owner’s risk. SMTD strongly suggests that students carry their own insurance against any loss. The University does not carry insurance for personal instruments and will not be held liable for damage or theft from lockers.
- SMTD reserves the right to open any locker should appropriate circumstances arise in accordance with University and SMTD policies.
IT Equipment Checkout
- Moore building IT equipment can be reserved through Cheqroom.
- Your reservation must be approved before checking out the equipment at the reception desk, so make sure to create your reservation at least a week in advance of use.
- For additional questions regarding Cheqroom, please reach out to Andrew Wollner at [email protected]
Room & Equipment Policies
- Chamber Music rooms 1044, 1058 and 1215 may be reserved upon request to [email protected] if available.
- Classrooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors are not available for rehearsals or practice Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
- Non-organ majors wishing to use BAM Hall must have permission from the Organ Department.
- Access to the Tech Suite facilities (rooms 370-378B) is by Mcard. Non-PAT majors must be enrolled in a PAT class, or have permission from the PAT department. Contact Kiera Saltz ([email protected]) for more information.
- Access to the Piano Labs (363, 361 and 61) is by Mcard. Contact Aya Higuchi Hagelthorn ([email protected]) for reservations.
- Britton Green Room (1337) is a personal space.