Rooms, Keys, Pianos & Lockers
Reservations: Studios in the Dance Building may be requested through ASIMUT. If you do not have access to ASIMUT and believe you should, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Dance Building is unlocked from 7:00 am – 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday. If you reserve a space in the building outside of these hours, you should email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to get Mcard access to the building. No street shoes are allowed in any of the studios except during a performance. Dance shoes for techniques like tap, character, heels, hip hop, etc. are only allowed in Studio 4: Room 1060. No food or drinks are allowed in the studios except water.
Lockers: Locker rooms are accessed by Mcard only. Lockers in the dance building can be requested by emailing email@example.com. Priority will be given to dance majors and minors. Users must supply their own lock.
Piano Keys: Piano keys are required to use pianos in Studios 1, 2, 3, and 4 in the dance building. To check out a piano key, you must go to the reception desk in Moore, located in room 1315A. The desk is staffed from 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM every day.
- Pianos should not be moved without prior written approval and if approved, need to be returned to their original locations. Nothing can be placed on top of the pianos and piano covers should not be removed.
Room & Equipment Policies
- Tap shoes, heels, character shoes, etc. are only allowed in Studio 4.
- Each studio is outfitted with a Swiffer wet jet, disinfecting wipes, hand sanitizer, and Kleenex. If messes are left on floors or barres, please use the Swiffer and wipes to clean up after yourself.
- To use the skyfold partition wall in Studio 3: Room 1180, you must first receive proper training. Contact Katie Gunning at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- Window shades can be controlled with the up/down switches located near the AV towers in each studio. For Studio 1, the switch is located on the east wall of the studio next to the small window. Do not pull on window shades or mess with the keys that control them.
- DO NOT TOUCH the theatrical curtains or cyclorama (large white fabric hanging in studio) in the performance studio.
- If you will be playing video or music for your event, you must meet with Katie Gunning (email@example.com) beforehand in order to be properly trained on using our equipment. No adaptors are necessary if you are connecting via Bluetooth but you will need to provide the necessary adaptors if you are connecting your computer or other equipment. In Studio 1, you will not have access to a CD/DVD player unless you have one on your laptop or bring one to plug in.
- Our AV towers can accommodate CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays, a USB, or connection to a device. They are also all outfitted with Bluetooth. If you plan to use music or video, please let us know in advance so we can make sure you’re properly trained on using our equipment beforehand. If you are planning on showing video, you will need to provide your own HDMI cable.
- There are special considerations that need to be addressed for performances in the dance building as we do not have a Technical Director/Stage Manager/Lighting Designer on staff for any non-curricular events or curricular performances not associated with the dance department. Questions about performances should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you experience a situation where you are in imminent danger and someone is posing a risk to you, there are emergency buttons located in each studio. Once you push the emergency button, the studio doors will lock and you will be immediately connected with DPSS through intercom service.