main navigation bar - top row

main navigation bar - bottom row

main menu


Where can I find information for prospective students?

The Undergraduate Admissions, SMTD Graduate Admissions (for the Specialist degree) and Rackham Graduate Admissions (for the Certificate Program and PhD degrees) pages explain the application process. The Department's degree programs pages detail prerequisites for admission and the curricula for each degree. Interested in what our students, faculty, and alumni are up to? These pages for ethnomusicology and historical musicology might be of interest to you.

What kind of financial support is available for musicology graduate students?

Financial support is available from the department. Other funding opportunities are available through Rackham and external sources.

How do I contact the Musicology Department?

The Contact Us page describes which faculty members to contact for specific areas. The SMTD Department Index lists contact information for all faculty and staff.

What events are going on at the School of Music, Theatre & Dance?

Current Students

Where can I find a list of important dates and deadlines for current students?

On the deadlines page.

If I would like a one-term candidacy fellowship, when should I take my exams?

Students wishing to be considered by the department for a one-term candidacy fellowship must achieve candidacy in the term prior to the fellowship term. In such cases, the Rackham grace period (within the fellowship term) may not be used.

To be eligible for the Rackham Humanities Research Fellowship covering one term along with the preceding or following summer term, see the timing guidelines at the Rackham website.

main navigation bar - top row

main navigation bar - bottom row

Photography Credits:

U-M Photo Services

Joe Welsh

Peter Smith

David Smith

Glen Behring

Tom Bower