EXCEL Partners with the Metropolitan Opera to host an SMTD student in their production department each summer. This exclusive opportunity is open to all SMTD students. The selected student receives a stipend to live and work in NYC for the summer.
Applicants must be current SMTD students who are not graduating in W19. Preference will be given to candidates who have completed two years of college and have prior internship experience.
To Apply: Submit a resume, cover letter, and complete an application form through the online portal
Deadline: January 10, 2020
Start date: Summer 2020
Internship Timeline: Interviews will occur in January, 2020. The selected student will work during a majority of the summer, with specific dates set in coordination with The Met.
Position Title: Intern (Unpaid)
Reports To: Production Administrator
FLSA Status: N/A
Unpaid Summer Intern position for credit, reporting to Production Administrator.
Assist Production Administrator and Production Assistant with document production and maintenance related to visa petition filings and in-house staging staff
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(other duties may be assigned as needed)
Provide administrative support to Production and Stage Director departments as follows:
- Assist with visa filings, including: Preparing peer consultation letters requests for collective bargaining organizations; Typing, assembling, copying, proofing and mailing visa petitions; Scanning and distributing Approval Notices to Agents/Artists; Tracking and maintaining records of above;
- Working with Production Administrator and Production Assistant to create Seasonal Documentation for in-house Directorial Staff and Welcome Packets for Production Teams, as necessary;
- Organizing, tracking and maintaining departmental filing and library systems;
- Providing assistance with other projects as assigned.
The education and/or experience requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Required: ability to receive college credit for internship in the subsequent semester
- Preferred: at least two years of secondary schooling, arts related
- High School Diploma
All interested applicants must apply by January 11, 2019 by doing the following:
- Complete ALL application questions below
- Submit Resume
- Submit One-page cover letter detailing their interest in this position and how it relates to their career goals.
- Submit ALL MATERIALS through the online portal by January 10, 2020.