The University of Michigan School of Music, Theatre & Dance (SMTD), in partnership with the Michigan State University College of Music and Wayne State University College of Fine, Performing and Communication Arts, will host the Michigan Performing Arts College Fair on Saturday, October 12, 2019 at SMTD’s Earl V. Moore Building from 2:00 to 4:00 PM, with Admissions panels at 12:30 PM (Music programs) and 4:00PM (Dance, Musical Theatre, and Theatre programs).
This unique college fair is for students who are interested in pursuing a degree in the performing arts. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet admissions representatives from the nation’s top colleges, universities, and conservatories and to learn about their programs in all areas of the performing arts. Students, parents, and teachers are all welcome to attend.
To register to attend as a student, please fill out and submit this form.
The following schools will have representatives at the 2019 Michigan Performing Arts College Fair:
- Alma College – Theatre and Dance Department
- Arizona State University – Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts
- Baldwin Wallace University – Conservatory of Music
- Bard College – Conservatory of Music
- Berklee College of Music
- Blair School of Music at Vanderbilt University
- Boston Conservatory at Berklee
- Boston University – School of Music
- Bowling Green State University – College of Musical Arts
- California Institute of the Arts – Herb Alpert School of Music
- Carnegie Mellon University – School of Music
- Central Michigan University – Department of Theatre & Dance
- Cleveland Institute of Music
- The Colburn School – Colburn Conservatory of Music
- Depauw University – School of Music
- Detroit Institute of Music Education
- Eastern Michigan University – School of Music & Dance
- Eastman School of Music
- Florida State University – College of Music
- Grand Rapids Community College – Department of Music
- Grand Valley State University – Department of Music, Theatre, and Dance
- Indiana University – Jacobs School of Music
- Interlochen Arts Academy
- Ithaca College – School of Music
- Lawrence University and Conservatory
- Lynn University – Conservatory of Music
- Madonna University – Departments of Music & Dance
- Manhattan School of Music
- Michigan State University – College of Music*
- New England Conservatory
- The New School College of Performing Arts
- Northwestern University – Bienen School of Music
- Oakland University – School of Music, Theatre and Dance
- Oberlin College Conservatory of Music
- Peabody Conservatory of Music
- Rice University – Shepherd School of Music
- Rutgers University – Mason Gross School of the Arts
- Saginaw Valley State University – Department of Music & Department of Theatre
- San Francisco Conservatory of Music
- Siena Heights University – School of Theater and Dance
- Southern Methodist University – Meadows School of the Arts
- Syracuse University – College of Visual and Performing Arts
- University of Denver – Lamont School of Music
- University of Illinois – School of Music
- University of Massachusetts Amherst – Department of Music and Dance
- University of Miami – Frost School of Music
- University of Michigan – School of Music, Theatre & Dance*
- University of North Carolina School of the Arts
- University of North Texas – College of Music
- University of Southern California – Thornton School of Music
- Wayne State University – College of Fine, Performing and Communication Arts*
- Western Michigan University – College of Fine Arts
- Yale University – School of Music
*MIPACF host school.
Saturday, October 12, 2019
12:30 – 2:00 PM Admissions Panel (Music Programs), Britton Recital Hall
Admissions representatives will offer insights on the music admissions process and answer questions. Panelists TBD.
2:00 – 4:00 PM College Fair, Hankinson Rehearsal Hall & Kevreson Rehearsal Hall
4:00 PM Admissions Panel (Dance, Musical Theatre, and Theatre programs), Britton Recital Hall
Admissions representatives will offer insights on the dance, musical theatre, and theatre admissions process and answer questions. Panelists TBD.
The Michigan Performing Arts College Fair will take place in the Earl V. Moore Building (1100 Baits Drive, Ann Arbor, MI) on U-M’s North Campus in Ann Arbor.
Check-in is located at the Soderquist Atrium in the Brehm Pavillion of the Moore Building – please enter through the doors adjacent to the visitor parking lot.
Parking & Travel Information
- Parking will be available in the lot adjacent to the Moore Building (NC10) with overflow parking available in the NC32, NC27, NC48, and NC43 lots.