Summer 2022 Orientation Schedule
Welcome to the University of Michigan! New graduate students starting classes in Fall 2022 will complete orientation remotely via a Canvas course. Upon receiving an invitation to the course, you will be able to view and complete your specific requirements and their respective timelines. You will have an opportunity to learn about our campus, meet with a faculty advisor, get to know your future peers and register for your first semester of classes. Exams will open on June 1 and close by the end of June 10. (please be sure to check the Canvas course for exact times exams will open and close)
Important Things To Do Before Summer Orientation
- Get your Uniqname; activate your U-M email account.
- Have your official final transcript from your most recent degree program (with degree conferred date) sent to U-M.
- MM & SM students should have their transcripts sent by mail to SMTD or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MA, MFA, and Doctoral students should have their transcripts sent electronically to Rackham. Read here about how to send transcripts to Rackham.
- Start planning your schedule on Wolverine Access. Use the Backpack feature to assemble classes you’re interested in taking.
- REGISTER for classes.
- Visit the ensembles office page for details about the required repertoire and how to schedule an ensemble audition.
- Prepare for Theory and other placement testing
- Get your Mcard.