Fall 2018 Orientation Schedule
Things To Do before August 27:
- Get your Uniqname; activate your U-M email account.
- Visit the ensembles office page for details about the required repertoire and how to schedule an ensemble audition.
- Sign up for the Theory Placement Exam (graduate dance and jazz majors are exempt)
- Prepare for Theory and other placement testing
- Start planning your schedule on Wolverine Access. Use the Backpack feature to assemble classes you’re interested in taking.
- REGISTER for classes beginning June 1.
- Get your Mcard.
Wednesday, August 29, 2018
9:00 AM–9:55 AM Orientation Meeting for all new graduate & transfer students – Britton Recital Hall, Moore Building (required)
10:00 AM–3:00 PM Theory Placement Exam (for new graduate students and undergraduate transfer students in music) – Britton Recital Hall, Moore Building
- 10:00 AM–11:00 AM – First Year Aural Skills
- 11:00 AM–12:00 PM – Second Year Aural Skills
- 12:00 PM–1:00 PM – Lunch break *on your own*
- 1:00 PM–2:00 PM – Writing Skills
- 2:00 PM–3:00 PM – Basic Writing and Analysis
4:00 PM–5:00 PM Analysis of 20th Century Music Exam (required for piano, organ, composition and theory majors; suggested for students who have training in this area)
6:00 PM–7:00 PM Keyboard Harmony Exams (required for piano, organ, composition and theory majors; if you are required to take this exam, you will be scheduled for a 10-20 minute appointment)
You will receive your placement results by email at your umich.edu address. SMTD Faculty Advisors will also be able to see your results. If you have any questions, please contact Emily Smokovich, Administrative Assistant to the Assistant Dean for Admissions, at email@example.com.