Financial Aid Program Description
Youth & Adult Programs offers need-based awards for all Youth Education Programs. Need-based financial awards are issued on a sliding scale based on demonstrated need. Eligibility and requirements are listed below.
Awards are granted as percentages of tuition to admitted students; 100% financial assistance is never given. It is expected that the family makes some sort of contribution to support the student's studies.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Financial aid applications must be submitted to the YAP Office by April 3rd. Any applications submitted after the program application deadline may be considered depending on remaining available funding.
- Applicant's "family" includes all adults (parents or guardians) who are responsible for the applicant.
- Total family income as reported on the most recent tax return not to exceed $200,000 annually.
- Incomplete applications, or those with insufficient documentation, will not be considered.
- Continuing students with existing Youth & Adult Program accounts must be paid in full with zero outstanding balances.
- Families must submit an online need-based application by April 3rd. (Late submissions may or may not be considered)
- All supporting documentation must be either uploaded with the online application (only PDFs accepted), or mailed to the Youth & Adult Programs Office. (Mailed documents must be postmarked by the application deadline.)
We recommend that you remove all Social Security Numbers from your documents before uploading or sending them.
- Tax return must claim student as dependent.
- If parents/guardians file separately, tax returns for both parents/guardians must be submitted.
- Applicants will be notified of the status of their award once they have been admitted to a program. Award amounts will be listed on the student's online invoice.
- Awardees must accept the award by submitting the required tuition deposit confirming their participation.
Applications will be reviewed by a Youth & Adult Programs committee using specific criteria to score each submission, including: demonstrated financial need (income), number of dependents, travel requirements to program, documented extenuating circumstances (medical expenses, elder care, children with special needs, free lunch eligibility, etc.). Faculty Directors are not involved in need-based award determinations. Every effort will be made to provide appropriate funding to applicants.