Designed for students seeking professional career preparation including the development of artistry, technique, scholarly research, and the ability to play music of all periods with integrity and knowledge of specific performance practices. Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree in music or its equivalent as well as a strong keyboard background.
The Master of Music in Harpsichord Performance requires a minimum of 32 credits. Coursework to include:
- Private harpsichord lessons
- Early Music Ensemble
- Early Music 551
- Composition, Musicology, and/or Music Theory
- SMTD electives
Presentation of one solo recital and one collaborative recital.
For requirement details, please see the Degree Requirements and Term-by-Term Layout for Current Students.
How To Apply
- apply to U-M via the SMTD Graduate Application by December 1
- Submit an SMTD Artistic Profile by December 1
- Have all supplemental materials sent to SMTD
Click the button below to read more detailed information about the application requirements and procedures.Apply Now