Designed for students seeking intensive and specialized professional training in chamber music. Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree in piano or its equivalent, along with substantial solo and ensemble repertoire.
The Master of Music in Chamber Music: Piano requires a total of 30 credits. Coursework to include:
- Private piano lessons
- Piano Chamber Music
- Piano Accompanying & Duo Repertoire
- Non-performance SMTD electives, including Survey of Piano Chamber Music Literature
A presentation of two full-length recitals to include:
- Duo works for piano and another instrument
- Major works for piano and chamber ensemble (trios, quartets, quintets, etc.)
Students may elect to pursue a double-major in Chamber Music & Performance, which may be completed in two years.
For requirement details, please see the Degree Requirements and Term-by-Term Layout for Current Students.
How To Apply
- Apply to U-M via the SMTD Graduate Application by December 1
- Submit an SMTD Artistic Profile by December 1 for a live audition
- submit by January 15 for a recorded audition
- Have all supplemental materials sent to SMTD
Click “Apply Now” below to read more detailed information about the application requirements and procedures.Apply Now