main navigation bar - top row

main navigation bar - bottom row

main menu

Organs at Michigan

Portativ Organ
Blanche Anderson Moore Hall

The portativ organ in Blanche Anderson Moore Hall was a gift to the School of Music, Theatre & Dance by Dr. John F. Marschner. It was constructed in 1973 by Wendhack, Redeker & Kreuzer of Munich, Germany and is based on an instrument depicted in a painting from ca. 1500 in the collection of the Köln Museum. It consists of a single rank of principal pipes, f'-c'''' (32 notes), winded by a small electric blower in the base.

Portativ

main navigation bar - top row

main navigation bar - bottom row

Photography Credits:

U-M Photo Services

Joe Welsh

Peter Smith

David Smith

Glen Behring

Tom Bower

×