- Alcantara, Pedro de. Indirect Procedures: A Musician’s Guide to the Alexander Technique. Oxford University Press, NY: 2013.
- Bishop, Dorothy. The Musician as Athlete: Alternative Approaches to Healthy Performance. Kava Publications, Canada: 1992.
- Conable, Barbara and Benjamin Conable. What Every Musician Needs to know About the Body. GIA Publications: 2000.
- Dawson, William. Fit as a Fiddle: The Musician’s Guide to Playing Healthy. R&L Education: 2007.
- Feldenkrais, Moshe. Awareness Through Movement. HarperCollins, NY: 1977.
- Green, Barry and Timothy Gallway. The Inner Game of Music. Doubleday, NY: 1986.
- Gates, Rachel. The Owner’s Manual to the Voice: A Guide for Singers and Other Professional Voice Users. Oxford University Press, 2013.
- Heirich, Jane Ruby. Voice and the Alexander Technique: Active Explorations for Speaking and Singing. Berkeley, CA: Mornum Time Press. 2005.
- Horvath, Janet. Playing (Less) Hurt. New York: Hal Leonard, 2010.
- Kabat-Zinn, Jon. Mindfulness for Beginners:Reclaiming the Present Moment – and Your Life. Sounds True, Canada: 2012.
- Kabat-Zinn, Jon. Wherever You Go, There You Are. Hyperion, NY: 1994.
- Kleinman, Judith and Peter Buckoke. The Alexander Technique for Musicians. Bloomsbury, NY: 2014.
- Klickstein, Gerald. The Musician’s Way: A Guide to Practice, Performance and Wellness. New
- York: Oxford University Press, 2009.
- Maisel, Eric. Performance Anxiety: A Workbook for Actors, Singers, Dancers, and Anyone Who Performs in Public.Backstage Books, 2005.
- McAllister, Lesley Sisterhen. The Balanced Musician. Lanham, MD: Scarecrow Press, 2013.
- Moore, Bill. Playing Your Best When It Counts (Mental Skills for Musicians). N.p.: Playing Your
- Best Consulting, 2011.
- Nagel, Julie. Melodies of the Mind: Connections between Psychoanalysis and Music. Routledge, NY: 2013.
- Nelson, Samuel H., and Elizabeth Blades-Zeller. Singing With Your Whole Self: The Feldenkrais Method and Voice.Lanham, MD: The Scarecrow Press, 2002.
- Odam, George; Rosset I Llobet, Jaume. The Musician’s Body; a maintenance manual for peak performance.Guildhall School of Music and Drama. London, 2007.
- Olson, Mia. Musicians Yoga. Boston, MA: Berklee Press, 2009.
- Paull, Barbara, and Christine Harrison. The Athletic Musician: A Guide to Playing Without Pain.
- Lanham, MD: Scarecrow Press, 1997.
- Pearson, Lea. Body Mapping for Flutists: What Every Flute Teacher Needs to Know About the Body. GIA Publications 2006.
- Ristad, Eloise. Soprano on Her Head. Real People Press, 1981.
- Sataloff, Robert T.; Brandfonbrener, Alice G.; Lederman, Richard J. Performing Arts Medicine, 3rd Edition. Science Medicine, Narbuth 2010.
- Taylor, Nancy. Teaching Healthy Musicianship: The Music Educator’s Guide to Injury Prevention and Wellness. NY: Oxford University Press, 2016.
- Watson, Alan H. D. The Biology of Musical Performance and Performance-Related Injury. Lanham, MD: Scarecrow Press, 2009.
- Workman, Darin. The Percussionist’s Guide to Injury Treatment and Prevention: The Answer Guide to Drummers in Pain. Routledge, NY: 2006.
CMS Webinars, hosted by the College Music Society Committee on Musicians’ Health, Gail Berenson, Chair.
Hearing Wellness for Music Educators – Dr. Heather Malyuk (Sensaphonics Hearing Conservation)
Vocal Health Protocols for Academic Institutions – Dr. Emily Martin-Moberly (Bucknell University)
Mindfulness Practice for Collegiate Music Students and Faculty – Dr. Vanessa Cornett (University of St. Thomas)
How to Prevent Practice Wear and Tear from Progressing to a Playing Related Musculoskeletal Disorder (PRMD) – Dr. Serap Bastepe-Gray (Peabody Conservatory of the Johns Hopkins University)
Addressing Issues on the Maintenance of Health and Safety in a Music Program – Dr. Linda Cockey (Salisbury University)
A Musician’s Guide to the Brain: What We Need to Know and Why – Dr. Lois Svard (Professor of Music Emerita, Bucknell University)
Athletes and the Arts – What Musicinas Can Learn from Athletes – Randall Dick (Athletes and the Arts) and Dr. John Snyder (Artists House Foundation)